Friday, February 3, 2017

Crocheted Moccasin: Toddler Version

This winter, I had multiple requests for knitted/crocheted slippers from my kids. I had planned to make three pairs but due to the relative shortness of our winter coupled with my relative lack of free time, I only managed to make one pair. I finished these in December, well before our floors got really cold. Not that it mattered much, my toddler would not wear them for more than half an hour at a time. So, basically these are more to be looked at and played with, than be worn.
Still, they do prove one point. That is, my Crocheted Moccasin pattern can be successfully  downsized to toddler size, with thinner yarn and hook. So they still might be worth something. Also, I made them to be a generous size and a four-year-old just might be more inclined to wear them than a three-year-old. We will know the answer next winter, in sha Allah.

1 comment :

  1. Cute! And they look like they would stay on more easily than some patterns.
    I shrunk my felted slippers recently - thought they couldn't shrink/felt more than they had already, on purpose, but...I was wrong! The good news is, each one has provided the material for an excellent and very rugged catnip mouse :)

    ReplyDelete