Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Endpaper Mitts

Life has been very busy lately. March is the month of kids' final examinations. So on top of all the drudgery of routine housework, I also have to help them with their exams preparation. At the same time, I am also fighting a case of common cold. Not an ideal time for crafty pursuit, but colorwork made this project to interesting enough for me to make steady progress.
Modelled by my oldest daughter 
I had wanted to knit this pattern for a very long time.  The yarns are leftover Knit Picks Stroll Solids (barn red) and Knit Picks Stroll Tonal (Springtime).
I enjoyed colorwork so much, that I have cast on another project involving it. That is to be a tunic for my middle daughter. 

2 comments :

  1. So pretty! I was going to ask if the Stroll holds up well to washing and wear, but if it works for mitts, I suppose it must?
    I've just started a pair of socks using two colors of stash yarn, but in just a "broken rib stitch" pattern, so not really colorwork. Just fun to knit a little in the evening before I fall asleep.
    I hope your cold goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Stroll Tonal socks haven't been through many washes but the Stroll Solids ones have held up well.

      Delete