Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Updated: Family Hands Portrait

With addition of the littlest to our family, the Family Hands Portrait was due for an update. While I procrastinated, everyone who saw the portrait hanging on the our bedroom wall, commented how it was missing a hand. So, I finally went to work and got the latest hand prints from the family members, last August. Since then, I have been slowly embroidering and have finally managed to finish it last month.The smaller hands have already grown a bit since then, mashaAllah.
The new version (right) with the old one.
 Now that the new one is mounted in place of the old one, I do not know what to do with the old one. I do not have the heart to throw it away. Maybe I could incorporate it into some other project, any suggestions?

4 comments :

  1. That is just the sweetest thing I've seen. Save them all as your family grows up and make a quilt top some year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamu Alaikum warahmatullah

    Yes definitely keep it! You could sew it into a quilt or use it to make a pillow. This project has been on my to-do list too, I better get on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walaikom Assalaam. You should definitely make one, it' is just the right time for your family.

    ReplyDelete