Friday, October 19, 2012

Red Coat

 The contiguous experiment went very well and I now have a quite nice-looking finished garment. I made this for my six year old, with room to grow. The design is my own, though I used the contiguous method by SusieM for top down set-in sleeves. The yarn is our local acrylic worsted weight on 4 mm needles.
 My daughter is very happy with the coat and wants a hat to match, so I guess that is going to be my next project. I have to say I love all these buttons, make me think of a ladybird.

4 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness! First of all, she's TOO grown up. Secondly, the coat is so professional looking. Any chance of a design? I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely coat! I second the request for a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely coat.

    ReplyDelete