Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Sewing

I have spent the last two weeks sewing a few spring summer dresses for my girls. I also have plans for sewing some shorts/pants for my son, inshaAllah. Coming to the dresses, these first two are for my older one. I did my own drafting for these.
 I got some polka dot fabric to go with a lawn piece leftover from my old dress. I hope the big fat bow will hold up well after machine washes.
 The second one has gingham pockets!!  

 And then there are two for the baby. I did some embroidery at the yoke. It looks very cute up close.
 The second one is a plain floral dress with a ribbon bow at front. These two are drafted from a burda pattern.
 And lastly, some action shots:

4 comments :

  1. MashAllah your little one is getting so big!

    I love all the dresses, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, ALL the sewing is just wonderful and colorful and summery, they both must be pleased. But really, the action shots are the ones I love the most!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dresses and children! I wish I had the patience to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the baby girl has been a little girl now.Time goes so fast.You really made them lovely dresses.great work

    ReplyDelete