Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Girl Friday

My Girl Friday cardigan is all done. The pattern was straight forward, the lace pattern, easy to memorize and execute. It was a totally relaxing knit, especially after the aborted attempt at Vine yoke cardigan. The only modification I did was knit all body pieces together and knit sleeves in rounds to minimize seaming. It is just right for the chilly January we are having, with its snug shawl collar and extra-long sleeves. The yarn is Knit Picks Wool of Andes (Grizzly Heather). I am still undecided about how many buttons I want, one single large one or multiple smaller ones. As I do not normally wear my cardigan buttoned to the bottom, I am inclined to go with a single button.
  Next, I have a long line up of smaller projects for the coming month. More about those in the next post, inshaAllah.

2 comments :