Monday, April 4, 2011

Baby Overalls and Sweater

 I interrupt the MOS (Month of Sewing) postings to bring you a couple of knitting projects. I have discovered that my hands grow very restless if idle for long and what better to keep them busy then a couple of baby knits, while watching hours of ICC World Cup Cricket. (An awful waste of time, I know, but it was hard not to be drawn into the craze).
 So, first I knit up this pair of brown overalls. The pattern is simple and nice, though I added some rounds in the Hip and Rise portion to increase its depth. The yarn is the leftover from my Sylvie coat.
  Next, I got a pink yarn to go with the brown and knit up a stripped pullover. I improvised with this one. It is knit bottom up in rounds and is completely seamless, the underarms holes closed with Kitchener st.
 
I have enough of both yarns left over for a hat. Any suggestions for a cute one??

1 comment :

  1. Oh you have been sewing and knitting a lot since I last time visited your blog.Happy to see all the cute things for the baby.Really so many nice things.

    Wish you all the best

    ReplyDelete