Friday, January 7, 2011

Stashbuster Baby Vest

I used yet more leftover sock yarns to make this little baby vest. (I have run out of these leftovers now...well almost :) ) This was my first steeking project. The yarn being superwash, I had to use the sewing machine to reinforce the steeks and to cover up the raw edges with bias tape. I can see how steeking can be most useful for fair-isle sweaters, but it sure was a lot of work for a tiny baby vest. But then, it was the perfect project to try out a new technique.

2 comments :

  1. Love it! If you want more stashbusting projects, I can probably provide the yarn. LOL

    I secretly love steeking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. You were much more sensible than I was for my first attempt at steeks ( an adult size cotton sweater). It came out fine, but it took me awhile to get up the courage to make the cuts.

    ReplyDelete