Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Twirl Of Pleats

I just finished up a skirt for my daughter who wanted me to make something for her, especially after my last two knitting projects were for my niece. And now, my son wants to know when i will knit something for him. I guess I should be grateful that they appreciate my hand knits, alhamdolillah.
   Coming back to the skirt, I took the idea for it from a very old Patons pamphlet which my mother-in-law gave to me a while back. That pattern called for fingering weight yarn and the front and back panels were worked separately.
 I worked the maths to use Aran weight instead, and knit the skirt in round. Also, I added a drawstring for ease. It turned out quiet well and I am happy to get such a nice long length out of the yardage I had. The yarn is  from American Thread Company's Dawn Knitting Worsted which I got from a friend.

It turned out quiet well and I am happy to get such a nice long length out of the yardage I had. The yarn is  from American Thread Company's Dawn Knitting Worsted which I got from a friend.

5 comments :

  1. How lovely! It's absolutely fabulous. Will you sell the pattern? In that case I just have to store it for the future and make it for my granddaughter in a couple of years time. She is still too young, but time is running, isn't it?

    Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know one could knit pleats!! Amazing!
    Lovely results, and that sunny yellow will look beautiful on your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you need to write up that pattern, it is ADORABLE! And...I really really want to knit it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mashaallah that's very nice. It's great that your children appreciate your work

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's lovely! Reminds me of a Scottish kilt.

    ReplyDelete