Saturday, October 25, 2008

For Ammi

The February Lady Sweater that I had been knitting for my mother is finally done. And I gave it to her and she tried it on and it is a perfect fit...Yay. And it looks fabulous! My mom was quite happy with it. She loves the yarn which is LionBrand Wool-Ease in Rose Heather.

Modifications that I did to the original pattern:
1. I did the yoke in st st except for the initial border and 3 rows around the eyelet increase, which I did in garter st.
2. Full-length sleeves and sleeve shaping by decreasing sts at every 9th row.

Now I have to work on my crochet cardigan which is almost half done. Now that I have only two WIPs, I might cast on some more. Ideas are swimming around in my head, but nothing definite.
And another wonderful news, I won some malabrigo and addi circ needles in a contest at a friend's blog. I have never worked with this yarn nor the needles so I am pretty excited!

4 comments :

  1. Oh my, it is so beautiful! I love the color, and the sleeve decreases are a fantastic idea. It just looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely sweater! Your mother must feel wrapped in a hug :)

    Congratulations on your win - always exciting to try something new in yarns and needles. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, and lucky mom! I have been wanting to try this pattern for ages, and I think I may steal your yoke modification.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is very gorgeous!! Your Mom sure is lucky!!!!

    ReplyDelete